International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®) is an independent non-profit professional association serving the growing field of Business Analysis.
The term Business Analyst (BA) is used to describe a person who practices the discipline of business analysis. A business analyst works as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems. The business analyst understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals. The Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK) describes common activities, tasks and deliverables of the BA.
The mission of the Central Florida Chapter of the International Institute of Business Analysis is to further the business analysis profession in the Orlando area. We will accomplish this through:
- Regular meetings with subject matter experts as keynote speakers
- Educational sessions
- Formal training and mentoring
- Networking opportunities
Why Get Involved?
- To share with and learn from some of the best business analysts in town.
- To influence and contribute to the profession of business analysis.
- To advance your understanding of Business Analysis best practices.
- To position your career to address the business needs of organizations throughout the region.
- To understand the role of the Business Analyst and how best to deploy those skills within your organization.
- Prepare for CBAP certification.
The success of our chapter depends on the participation of our chapter members along with support from organizations who recognize the importance of the Business Analyst.
The Value of Volunteers
Volunteers have dedicated their time, talent and energy to making a difference in the IIBA. It is difficult to quantify the value volunteers bring to IIBA in monetary terms, but it is easy to see the many benefits realized. Fueled by knowledge, passion and energy, volunteers have worked tirelessly to transform the IIBA into a leading, vibrant and continuously growing organization.
Volunteers lead on every energy level, from setting the overall strategic direction, developing standards and providing advice on operational matters. In return, they benefit through developing their personal skills and international friendships while building long-term personal and professional networks.
They are leading by example and gain recognition and respect in both the Business Analyst and business communities as problem solvers, thought leaders and innovators. They increase the3ir professional exposure and marketability. They make things happen!!
Volunteers collaborate each year to support IIBA’s value proposition and its unique position within the profession by helping IIBA to:
- Establish a premiere reputation as a credible resource and innovator for business analysis knowledge trends and practices.
- Establish a reputation as the preferred partner for the advancement of the profession and its successful practice.
- Lead as a respected advocate for the mature practice of business analysis integrated throughout organizations, and
- Lead the evolution of the profession and the maturity of its practice.
IIBA has always worked hard to support its volunteer community relationships with conferences at the regional levels and with the various leadership programs. As IIBA grows in size and complexity so too does its volunteer base. This requires IIA to contentiously reassess the programs and services that support this robust and dynamic global volunteer group.
Volunteer opportunities vary from month to month, but current opportunities for volunteering can be found by visiting http://www.orlando.theiiba.org/index.php/membership/volunteers